Opportunities for Involvement
SWCHC has an active pool of 330 volunteers who provide an average of 503 hours of service to the clinic per month.
Current Volunteer Needs:
- MD, DO, PA and NPs:: available to provide clinical care primarily adult population, at our Hillsboro Location.
- RNs: available to provide clinical care, triage for our adult population, and children’s immunizations at our Hillsboro Location on Monday and Thursday from 5:30-8:30pm
- Spanish Language Interpreters: highly proficient Spanish speakers available to provide medical interpretation for our patients during evening clinic hours.
- Patient Intake: check-in SWCHC patients, answer phones, make follow-up appointments and collect contributions at SWCHC’s weekly Hillsboro clinics. Monday and Thursday from 5-8:30pm
- Dinner Club Volunteers: Prepare/purchase and deliver an evening meal to our volunteers (6 to 10 volunteers) on clinic evenings.
- All volunteers must complete SWCHC’s Volunteer Application. Download application here.
- Licensed professional volunteers (MDs, DOs NPs, and RNs) as well as certified medical assistants and phlebotomists must also be credentialed either through Multnomah County or Washington County, depending on the location where they volunteer. Approved volunteers are protected by the provisions of the Oregon Tort Claims Act, the same indemnification coverage provided to County employees.
Volunteers at SWCHC- Portland Clinic should complete: (Wait-list only. No current vacancies for medical roles at Portland Location)
- We request that all volunteers make a minimum 6 month commitment to SWCHC to assure continuity of care and service.
Send all completed applications to:
Mail to our Portland Office at
Southwest Community Health Center
7754 SW Capitol Highway
Portland, OR 97219
Cecily Peterson, Volunteer and Clinic Manager
503 977 0733